Open Date: September 21, 2020
Close Date: October 5, 2020
Start Date: December 01, 2020
Lift Up Sarpy County, Inc. (LUSCi) brings together government, non-profit, and faith-based organizations in our community to serve people in need in Sarpy County. LUSCi offers opportunities for cooperation and collaboration, provides operational services, and encourages grassroots, person-to-person assistance, and volunteering. In other words, we are here to uplift lives.
The Executive Director (ED) is the primary Brand Ambassador for LUSCi. The Executive Director will protect the interests of LUSCi and ensure we have the best resources to help our collaboratives meet the needs of the families we serve in Sarpy County. The ED will ensure that his/her ethical behavior and business practices are consistent with Lift Up Sarpy County Incorporated core values and mission. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Lift Up Sarpy County is EOE compliant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Community connections and alignment with Community Well Being in Nebraska
● Attend and participate in meetings related to community collaboration
● Ensure the Board of Directors are fully informed on the condition of the organization to include financials, contracts, grants, fundraising, current client concerns, etc.
● Represent LUSCi at all requested speaking events/engagements
● Research and prepare grant proposals and other funding applications approved by the Board of Directors
● Continuously be researching grant opportunities and other funding through fundraising and corporate partnerships
● Develop and maintain a donor/foundation base for both monetary and non-monetary resources
● Meet with donors/foundations as requested for grant requests, follow-ups, presentation requirements, and relationship building
● Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with foundations, corporations, community
partners, faith-based organizations, etc.
● Work with vendors on marketing and website development
● Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
● Grant contract management and compliance through the administration of funds and monthly reporting requirements
● Memorandum of Understanding management and compliance within all community response teams/collaboratives
● Organize & partner with other agencies for community training opportunities
● Sustainability and local fund development through multiple sources
● Data collection/evaluation and data sharing with local and state agencies
● Oversee and engagement in goals of the steering committee
● Continued partnerships with local and state representatives on the Nebraska Playbook and Community
● Coordinate community response in times of crisis due to natural disasters, tragic events affecting specific sectors of Sarpy County, and pandemics
● Act as a fiscal agent for local funds and administer requested payments
● Plan and host yearly Boots on the Ground Conference to bring together local leaders, faith-based organizations, and the community response teams for training and recognition
● Coordinate and empower Navigators, Case Managers, and Coordinators representing Lift Up Sarpy County to meet the needs of our community in a timely and professional manner
● Overall management of office space and all daily maintenance not covered under lease agreements
● Manage service contracts on equipment in the office
● Support contracted staff in their daily duties
● A master’s degree (preferred), in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Services, Social Work, or a closely related field
● Transparent and high integrity leadership
● Proven budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
● Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, and task facilitation
● Skills to motivate team members and volunteers, as well as inspire Board members
● Excellent public speaking skills
● Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer, client, and donor groups/organizations
● Strong computer skills
● Experience in grant writing and facilitation
● Experience with writing and ensuring contract compliance
● Experience and a strong interest in fundraising
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 (compensation with experience)
Experience: Three (3)+ years in nonprofit preferred
Three (3)+ years management/leadership preferred
Three (3)+ years fundraising (non-negotiable)
Three (3)+ years budgeting
● Master's (Preferred)
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete and submit an application,
resume/cv, and a letter of intent.
Contact Dr. Amber Mahan with questions pertaining to this positionat email@example.com.